[K12OSN] Slow Booting LTSP Clients - K12LTSP5EL

Stephen Crampton SteveSings at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 14:04:38 UTC 2008

Charlie,

Thanks so much for your advice.

Actually, I already tried that, but then a message came up saying RAID not
detected or something to that effect during the bootstrap procedure.

Right now I have two hard drives connected to the motherboard.  I was
planning to install different versions of Linux with LTSP on each one, so I
could see what was going to work.  Right now, I'm reinstalling ubuntu, which
at least seems to be happy with all of my hardware.

I tried to switch my network hardware around, by reassigning eth0 and eth1
in /etc/udev/ ... persistent-net-rules.  This time I am going to leave the
default configuration as is.  This means, unfortunately, that eth0, which
will be serving LTSP, will only be 100 Mbps.

I may try unhooking the ubuntu drive from the motherboard and then trying
your suggestion to install K12LTSP.

At this point I have a big stack of install CDs that I downloaded from the
web; none of  them have worked so far, except for ubuntu.

Thanks again,
Steve Crampton