[K12OSN] eth0 and eth1

Could someone please explain how an LTSP system decides how to use eth0 and eth1?

For instance, if I pull up firefox and type in cnn.com, over which interface does my request go out?

Which interface is serving DHCP and TFTP requests?

/etc/ltsp/dhcpd.conf doesn't seem to provide the answer.  The DHCP script under /etc/init.d refers to a variable $INTERFACES, but I cannot figure out where that variable is initialized.

I'm assuming that, in the default case, firefox sends requests over both interfaces, but dhcpd only uses eth0.  But how do I determine whether this is true or not for my system?

I'm using Edubuntu 8.04 again, because none of the K12LTSP install discs recognize my SATA hard drives (I tried 5SEL, 6SEL, and a beta live version).