[K12OSN] K12Linux Logo Ideas

Moon moon at smbis.com
Mon Sep 8 21:03:48 UTC 2008

I also plan to install LTSP in businesses as thin client technology is
really a more secure and less support intensive solution to fat clients,
especially in business environments where IT investment in both labor and
material are limited.

I have noticed that Canonical has seen this business opportunity and are
exploiting it by both the business side terminal server product as well as
the educational side terminal server product in the 8.04 release.

I believe Red Hat would do well to realize that 'cloud computing' and
'Green' technology are on the radar screen and that businesses are looking
to limit their carbon footprint and power consumption costs. Besides it is
much easier and less costly for a company to manage fewer computing elements
requiring upgrades/updates and desktop visits with fewer human resources...