[K12OSN] bootup slow -- nfs server not responding

Barry R Cisna brcisna at eazylivin.net
Mon Sep 8 21:05:55 UTC 2008

Hi Rob,

Have you tried a second/different switch in your setup? Are you by
chance using a managed switch. If not try a cheapo 12 port switch in
your mix. Next for an easy 2nd thing to try would be to swap your eth0
and eth1 at /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/eth0 eth1.conf and just swap
your ethernet cables on the back of the server. You won't even have to
open up the box:) See if you have any different conditions with this
setup.Who knows you may have a funky nic that's layin down on you.This
is an isolated network I would guess. This happened way back when to me,
and had a network wire looped into the k12 network so two dhcp servers
were running.All clients would boot slow but most would eventually come
to login. Some would kernel panic. Just a thought.
Keep the head scratching.

Take Care,
Barry Cisna