Re: [K12OSN] K12Linux Logo Ideas

Warren Togami wrote:
Nils Breunese wrote:
I know it was built use in for schools, but it's just as nice to use in a university student organisation (where I set it up), at home or in a business, so I never saw the point of the K12 prefix. But seeing how K12 doesn't really mean anything here in the Netherlands I guess I shouldn't make a lot of fuss about it. :o)

Nils Breunese.

I am well aware that it is used in a lot more than just schools. For this reason, I am more in favor of the options that look more professional. "c" and "n" for example might look too immature to be dependable.

I agree about 'c' and 'n'. And I agree with Henry that I'd like to see how it looks with the 'inux' in lowercase. I do not like the fading from light top to dark bottom; I find it hard on the eyes and it makes me wonder if my screen is tilted wrong; it also tends to not look so good when printed on a black & white printer. I do like the silhouette of an adult (teacher) and two children (students), as I think it is also suggestive of the architecture of a 'large' server and 'smaller' thin clients (perhaps some sort of illusion could be worked up where it could appear to be either people or computers depending on how one looks at it). I also vote for 'K12Linux Terminal Server F9/EL6/etc.'

Peter