Re: [K12OSN] Lotus Notes client through K12LTSP?

ssh tranquility net wrote:
I'm experimenting with using K12LTSP without dumb clients. It works well (or course) but I'm running into a problem that I'm pretty sure is simple, but I'm looking right past it.

I'm trying to get the native Lotus Notes client working. I'm using Wine, and the Windows 6.5.4 client works fine (actually works better than it does in Windows, as far as reliablility). I routinely use the Windows client, I'm trying to get it working through a local K12LTSP box.

The K12LTSP (Centos 5.x, all updates) server (and all potential clients) are behind the same firewall, so it's local firewall is disabled. Which is what's puzzling me. It needs port 1352. I don't see anthing in /var/log/messages.

How does it fail? One brute-force way to debug things is to run strace and grovel through the system calls to find things like file open failures.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com