Re: [K12OSN] K12Linux Logo Proofs (Round 3)

Moon wrote:
B has no flair, too rigid. If we know that the number four is offensive to
some, then I recommend you drop on or two. However, I still think three
characters with the center being the tallest looks like a bad focus of the
Taj Mahal. C and D Linux lettering is really too thin. So A looks best...

I have the same concerns about a Taj Mahal look. And if the two children are shrunk in size it looks like a pawn chess piece.

I asked a few Japanese people today about four. They all said, "Don't worry about it."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:NT1000.jpg
Taiwan's 1000 dollar note apparently has four children on it. And apparently "four people" can also mean mahjong (not negative connotation).

So I guess we shouldn't worry about four in this context.

There are concerns that A looks less professional than B. I would have to agree with this. OTOH, I really like the lettering of A, and I'm not very excited about the logo of A or B.

I wonder what B logo looks like if you're forced to monochrome colors or printing on a simple T-shirt. Gradients might not work well for that.

Warren Togami
wtogami redhat com