Re: [K12OSN] A New direction for LTSP: Diskless Remote Boot

R. Scott Belford wrote:
I would second Robert's observation that DRBL is something to model. You may recall that I discussed this with you earlier this year, Warren, while you were visiting UH.(1) I suggested then that DRBL handled the Flash issues, solved the need for central authentication, and provided goodies like Clonezilla to boot, literally. From a development roadmap, I don't know how to go about combining it with Fedora. I do know that it seems to solve a lot of problems. It uses a lot more NFS mounts, and you can boot many distro flavors.

Have you seen LTSP local apps support? The latest Fedora 9 update coming soon should have it working. The hybrid client model is another way to solve the Flash bandwidth issue. And it does so without the insecurity of NFS, using secure fuse ssh mounts instead.

But yes, I totally agree with Robert on the DRBL model being the future.

Warren Togami
wtogami redhat com