[K12OSN] A New direction for LTSP: Diskless Remote Boot

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Wed Sep 10 15:28:02 UTC 2008

R. Scott Belford wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 2:56 AM, Doug Simpson
> <simpsond at leopards.k12.ar.us <mailto:simpsond at leopards.k12.ar.us>> wrote:
>
>     HEAR! HEAR!
>
>     The very reason I started with K12LTSP was the fact that I *could*
>     use old hardware and make it usable again.
>

> LTSP 5 in Edubuntu has created some general problems with older,
> lightweight thin clients.  DRBL works fine with older machines.  The
> progress is encouraging for the latest Fedora spin.

Any idea what exactly LTSP5 Edubuntu is doing wrong?  We're using almost
all the same upstream sources, although more aggressively newer versions
on a more frequent basis.

We are doing X detection stuff in a completely different (and less
broken) manner.  But otherwise our stuff really isn't that different.

Warren