Re: [K12OSN] A New direction for LTSP: Diskless Remote Boot

R. Scott Belford wrote:
On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 2:56 AM, Doug Simpson <simpsond leopards k12 ar us <mailto:simpsond leopards k12 ar us>> wrote:

    HEAR! HEAR!

    The very reason I started with K12LTSP was the fact that I *could*
    use old hardware and make it usable again.

LTSP 5 in Edubuntu has created some general problems with older, lightweight thin clients. DRBL works fine with older machines. The progress is encouraging for the latest Fedora spin.

Any idea what exactly LTSP5 Edubuntu is doing wrong? We're using almost all the same upstream sources, although more aggressively newer versions on a more frequent basis.

We are doing X detection stuff in a completely different (and less broken) manner. But otherwise our stuff really isn't that different.

Warren