[K12OSN] RE: Lenovo Thin Client Problems

David Van Assche dvanassche at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 16:15:09 UTC 2008

I've had the same error happen frequently, and I believe its down the
the tg3 drivers. My eth0 and eth1 would be working fine for a couple
of months and then for whatever reason, one of them stops working
completely without the kernel being able to probe it. A simple, albeit
stupid workaround was to load a usb or cdrom based live distro and
then it reconnects. After this restarting got both nics back up.

Kind Regards,
David Van Assche