Re: [K12OSN] K12Linux Logo Ideas

2008/9/8 Nils Breunese <nils breun nl>:
> Warren Togami wrote:
>
>> http://people.redhat.com/duffy/tmp/k12ideas.png
>>
>> Maureen Duffy, leader of the Fedora Art team and Interaction Designer at
>> Red Hat worked on these mockups for a new K12Linux logo.  This would be
>> for the LDM login screen, with an attractive but subtle blue background
>> behind it.
>>
>> How do people feel about the different options here?
>>
>> http://people.redhat.com/duffy/tmp/k12-white_bg_ex.png
>> Here is an example of the same logo with a white background, for the
>> Trac top-left logo and print on paper.
>
> I know it was built use in for schools, but it's just as nice to use in a
> university student organisation (where I set it up), at home or in a
> business, so I never saw the point of the K12 prefix. But seeing how K12
> doesn't really mean anything here in the Netherlands I guess I shouldn't
> make a lot of fuss about it. :o)

What does K12 mean in the US anyway? I never heard of it in an
educational context before even though I'm quite immersed in American
culture via the internet, and en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K12 is only about
the mountain peak.

It could mean Kindergarten-to-12, but why you would be too old for K12
at 13 is beyond me :-)

Reinier