Re: [K12OSN] OT: High load averages with CentOS?

David Hopkins wrote:

I am also using a dual cpu hyperthreaded Xeon (2.8Ghz old netburst
technology). I found flash .48 to be much less of a hog. Also I could
not continue using firefox because my cpus are just not powerful
enough. Especially flash heavy sites.
I switched to Opera and I can still have a full class of students
browsing. Unfortunately, Opera is not free as in speech but it is free
as in beer.

Not sure about staroffice.

I'll downgrade flash to 48 tonight. It was what I had earlier and
upgraded to fix an issue with a state-required app after the state
patched the app. There has been another patch since then, so perhaps
48 will work.

Just know there were some pretty serious security issues with older versions of the Flash plugin.

Nils Breunese.