[K12OSN] LTSP Lab Slow to Boot

Gideon Romm ltsp at symbio-technologies.com
Tue Sep 16 19:18:18 UTC 2008

Stephen,

I don't know if you ever resolved your issue, but if it takes a long
time to sudo, chances are you have DNS issues.

Check to make sure your /etc/hosts, /etc/resolv.conf,
and /etc/nsswitch.conf all look healthy.

Then, check connectivity to the DNS server.

"sudo" does a get_hostname() lookup, and if your hostname lookups do not
work well, this will cause grief on thin client booting, as well as
slowness overall.

-Gideon