[K12OSN] OT - Getting Ubuntu 8.04 to Authenticate from LDAP Server

Hey,

Can someone tell me the procedure to get an Ubuntu 8.04 workstation to log in via LDAP? In what seem to be the most authoritative instructions I can find it says to fire up ./smbldap ldapclient and "answer a few questions". I can't find ldapclient or find a way to install it on Ubuntu. I've tried a method where I'm editing all sorts of pam auth files by hand and it's not working and for some reason my workstation still logs in, but it's incredibly slow now.

Also, does anyone know if XP Home Edition can use LDAP for authentication, or can only XP Pro do it?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

ck