Re: [K12OSN] OT - Getting Ubuntu 8.04 to Authenticate from LDAP Server

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 1:31 AM, Rob Owens <rob owens biochemfluidics com> wrote:
Carl Keil wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Can someone tell me the procedure to get an Ubuntu 8.04 workstation to
> log in via LDAP?  In what seem to be the most authoritative instructions
> I can find it says to fire up ./smbldap ldapclient and "answer a few
> questions".

I think that's a reference to the smbldap-installer scripts, located
here:  http://majen.net/smbldap/

If you are going to use Ubuntu, I would highly recommend using the supported Ubuntu package that was designed to solve this problem.  You will find it far more maintainable and supportable.

-Rob

--scott