[K12OSN] server hardening (disable list)

Moon moon at smbis.com
Thu Sep 18 19:29:24 UTC 2008

Nothing wrong with encouraging students to learn how to hack if that was
what was being taught, however if he is trying to teach them fundamentals of
using the OS and they are playing games and/or hosing up the systems,
impacting his ability to teach and other students to learn, then there
should be swift and sever punishment. Set ground rules right up front that
are firm and consistent. Half the problems with our educational system today
is a serious lack of discipline. Heck, some schools are paying kids to
learn. What a bunch of horse hockey.