Re: [K12OSN] Troublesome/Annoying Dialog for 500 students at logon...

Jim Christiansen wrote:
I've just installed K12LTSP 5 onto our Library server and rsynced the homes back into place.

Whenever any student logons on to a terminal they have to answer a dialogue box that says:

Do you wish to make GDM_Failsafe.GNOME.desktop the default for future sessions?

No matter how it is answered they always encounter this at logon... it won't go away! :-(

As always...  Thanks a bunch,

You state that you "rsynced the homes back into place"; are the home directories ownership and permissions correct (does the user own their own home directory with read-write-execute permissions) after this process? It sounds like the choices at login can't be saved because the user may not be able to write the info to their home directory. Just a guess.

                        - Mark Twain

| John Lucas                MrJohnLucas gmail com               |
| St. Thomas, VI 00802      http://mrjohnlucas.googlepages.com/ |
| 18.3°N, 65°W              AST (UTC-4)                         |