Re: [K12OSN] How to modify ldm session menu

>2008/9/19 Steve Krause <krauses deerpark wednet edu>:
>> I installed FC9LTSP LiveUSB.  When I login from a client, I get only Default
>> and Failsafe xterm as options.  It does not show Gnome but that is what
>> Default brings up.  After the fact, I installed KDE, but that does not show
>> up as an option.  Any suggestions on how to get StartKDE in the menu.
>> Ideally, I would like to add KDE and remove Gnome as an option.  Thanks.

>Can you try:
>yum install /usr/share/xsessions/kde.desktop

>If you're pleased with the results, you can remove the GNOME session with:
>yum remove gnome-session
>
>--
>Dan Young <dyoung mesd k12 or us>
>Multnomah ESD - Technology Services
>503-257-1562
I tried  the install.  It appeared to download 5.5M but then responded there was nothing to do.  KDE 4 is installed and updated.  I still only have the two options in the session menu, but can manually start KDE if I select Failsafe Xterm.

Steve Krause, CNE
Network Manager
Deer Park School District #414
Deer Park, WA