[K12OSN] OT - Can't authenticate Ubuntu 8.04 to LDAP

Rob Owens rowens at ptd.net
Sun Sep 21 20:03:43 UTC 2008

To fix your slow login problem, edit /etc/nsswitch.conf and remove all instances of the word "ldap".  That should do it.  But before you do, make sure you have a terminal open as the root user.  That way after you make the changes and test it out (in another terminal), if it doesn't work you can still use your original root terminal to undo the changes you made to nsswitch.conf.

-Rob