Re: [K12OSN] 1 nic k12ltsp 6.0

Will Hatch wrote:
Does 5.0EL have all of the educational software added to it?  Is it an
upgrade, or do I need to do a fresh install?

Red Hat states that you *can* do an in-place upgrade, but that even they recommend a fresh install. That's what I do. Matter of fact, just last week, I finally upgraded my home server (also a single-NIC system) from 4.2EL to 5.0EL via a fresh install.

And yes, 5.0EL does indeed have all the educational software on it. That's the point of K12LTSP. :-) Anything that you see that you need, just "yum install" it, or use YumEx (I like YumEx).

--TP