[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]

Re: [K12OSN] K12LTSP 5 EL: no Web access for non-terminal clients



Thanks, Rob. At least it is working now except for transparent proxying.

David D. Nelson
nelsda yahoo com

http://www.evalbum.com/1328


--- On Mon, 9/22/08, Rob Owens <rob owens biochemfluidics com> wrote:

> From: Rob Owens <rob owens biochemfluidics com>
> Subject: Re: [K12OSN] K12LTSP 5 EL: no Web access for non-terminal clients
> To: "Support list for open source software in schools." <k12osn redhat com>
> Date: Monday, September 22, 2008, 5:35 AM
> Sorry about that!  On my system it's /etc/dhcpd.conf. 
> I'm not sure if I
> changed it to that, or if it's a result of me
> installing this system
> when it was still in beta.
> 
> -Rob
> 
> Peter Scheie wrote:
> > Yes, the dhcpd config file you want to make any
> modifications to is
> > dhcpd-k12ltsp.conf, not /etc/dhcpd.conf.  Likewise, I
> recall a few years
> > ago someone on the list observing that if one is going
> to use Webmin,
> > one should only use Webmin, as switching back and
> forth between that and
> > manually editing files caused problems.
> > 
> > Peter
> > 
> > David D. Nelson wrote:
> >> Sorry Rob. The first reply only went to you not
> the list. Here is
> >> another try.
> >>
> >> Ok, I checked /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward and it
> has a 1 in it. I
> >> looked at /etc/dhcpd.conf and all it has in it is:
> >>
> >> #
> >> # DHCP Server Configuration file.
> >> #   see /usr/share/doc/dhcp*/dhcpd.conf.sample #
> >>
> >> When I added the option routers x.x.x.x line in it
> and I did a service
> >> dhcpd restart, dhcpd failed to start. I reverted
> to the original
> >> dhcpd.conf file and tried again and still got a
> failure on start. I
> >> see that there is a dhcpd-k12ltsp.conf file. Is
> this the one that is
> >> actually used? It seems like I remember older
> versions of K12LTSP had
> >> a line in dhcpd.conf pointing to
> dhcpd-k12ltsp.conf. Is this what is
> >> supposed to happen?
> >>
> >> Maybe my looking around with Webmin messed things
> up. I didn't see any
> >> error messages in /var/log/messages so I'm at
> a loss here. I'd rather
> >> not have to start over again.
> >>
> >>
> >> David D. Nelson
> >> nelsda yahoo com
> >>
> >> http://www.evalbum.com/1328
> >>
> >>
> >> --- On Fri, 9/19/08, Rob Owens
> <rob owens biochemfluidics com> wrote:
> >>
> >>> From: Rob Owens
> <rob owens biochemfluidics com>
> >>> Subject: Re: [K12OSN] K12LTSP 5 EL: no Web
> access for non-terminal
> >>> clients
> >>> To: nelsda yahoo com, "Support list for
> open source software in
> >>> schools." <k12osn redhat com>
> >>> Date: Friday, September 19, 2008, 5:00 AM
> >>> Your DHCP server (which I assume is your
> K12LTSP server)
> >>> needs to tell
> >>> clients where the gateway is.  dhcpd.conf
> should have a
> >>> line like:
> >>>
> >>> option routers 10.112.0.123;  (obviously,
> don't use my
> >>> example address)
> >>>
> >>> Your thin clients have web access because
> they're
> >>> nat'ing to the K12LTSP
> >>> server, and the K12LTSP server apparently
> knows where its
> >>> gateway
> >>> (router) is.  The other clients, though, need
> to be told
> >>> where their
> >>> gateway (router) is.
> >>>
> >>> -Rob
> >>>
> >>> David D. Nelson wrote:
> >>>> My server died and I had to do a new
> install so I did
> >>> a standard install K12LTSP 5 EL. After
> applying updates
> >>> terminals would boot and work fine but I
> can't seem to
> >>> get any access from other workstations on the
> network. I
> >>> have eth0 on the local net and eth1 to the
> internet. I tried
> >>> the following:
> >>>>     chkconfig nat on
> >>>>     service nat restart
> >>>>
> >>>>     chkconfig iptables-k12ltsp on
> >>>>     service iptables-k12ltsp restart
> >>>>
> >>>>     chkconfig transparent-proxying on
> >>>>     service transparent-proxying restart
> >>>>
> >>>> but I still don't have internet access
> from the
> >>> workstations. I'm able to ping by domain
> name so I
> >>> assume that DNS is set up correctly but I get
> an invalid
> >>> request error from squid or a time out if
> squid isn't
> >>> running.
> >>>> Any ideas?
> >>>>
> >>>> TIA,
> >>>>
> >>>> David D. Nelson
> >>>> nelsda yahoo com
> >>>>
> >>>> http://www.evalbum.com/1328
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>>      
> >>>>
> _______________________________________________
> >>>> K12OSN mailing list
> >>>> K12OSN redhat com
> >>>>
> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/k12osn
> >>>> For more info see
> <http://www.k12os.org>
> >>>
> ********************************************************
> >>>
> >>> The information transmitted is intended only
> for the person
> >>> or entity to
> >>> which it is addressed and may contain
> confidential and/or
> >>> privileged
> >>> material. If you are not the addressee, any
> disclosure,
> >>> reproduction,
> >>> copying, distribution, or other dissemination
> or use of
> >>> this transmission in
> >>> error please notify the sender immediately and
> then delete
> >>> this e-mail.
> >>> E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be
> secure or
> >>> error free as
> >>> information could be intercepted, corrupted
> lost,
> >>> destroyed, arrive late or
> >>> incomplete, or contain viruses.
> >>> The sender therefore does not accept liability
> for any
> >>> errors or omissions
> >>> in the contents of this message which arise as
> a result of
> >>> e-mail
> >>> transmission. If verification is required
> please request a
> >>> hard copy
> >>> version.
> >>>
> >>>
> ********************************************************
> >>
> >>
> >>      
> >> _______________________________________________
> >> K12OSN mailing list
> >> K12OSN redhat com
> >> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/k12osn
> >> For more info see <http://www.k12os.org>
> >>
> > 
> > _______________________________________________
> > K12OSN mailing list
> > K12OSN redhat com
> > https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/k12osn
> > For more info see <http://www.k12os.org>
> ********************************************************
> 
> The information transmitted is intended only for the person
> or entity to
> which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or
> privileged
> material. If you are not the addressee, any disclosure,
> reproduction,
> copying, distribution, or other dissemination or use of
> this transmission in
> error please notify the sender immediately and then delete
> this e-mail.
> E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or
> error free as
> information could be intercepted, corrupted lost,
> destroyed, arrive late or
> incomplete, or contain viruses.
> The sender therefore does not accept liability for any
> errors or omissions
> in the contents of this message which arise as a result of
> e-mail
> transmission. If verification is required please request a
> hard copy
> version.
> 
> ********************************************************
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> K12OSN mailing list
> K12OSN redhat com
> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/k12osn
> For more info see <http://www.k12os.org>


      


[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]