Re: [K12OSN] OT: bash scripting - check for permissions, check for existence of file in directory tree

Rob Owens wrote:

I know there are a lot of seasoned bash scripters on this list, so here
goes.

1) I need to check if the user running the script has sufficient
permissions to write to a certain directory.

----
if [ -w directory ]
then
	<do some stuff>
fi
----

2) I need to check for the existence of a file somewhere in a directory
tree (with lots of subdirectories).

----
find <directory> -name <filename>
----