[K12OSN] OT: bash scripting - check for permissions, check for existence of file in directory tree

Rob Owens rob.owens at biochemfluidics.com
Wed Sep 24 11:49:42 UTC 2008

Nils Breunese wrote:
> Rob Owens wrote:
>
>> Nils Breunese wrote:

>>> ----
>>> find <directory> -name <filename>
>>> ----
>>>
>> I thought of that, but suspected there might be a better way.  Guess I
>> was wrong.
>
> Better in what way?

I'm not actually looking to find a file and output it, I need to perform
some action if a file exists.  Since I don't know where the file is, I
guess I've got to find it first...

I was hoping there would be a recursive way of doing:  if [ -f $FILE ];
then  (or some other one-liner).

-Rob

incomplete, or contain viruses.
version.