[K12OSN] Using ltspinfo to shutdown clients

george kocke webmaster at vol.org
Wed Sep 24 15:07:54 UTC 2008

Brian Chivers wrote:

> I was about to start writing a script to run on the server to shutdown
> all our clients at the end of the day using ltspinfo but I thought I'd
> ask people what they are doing for this.

> Also if any one would like to share there scripts I'd be very
> appreciative so I don't have to start from scratch :-)

I wrote this script and call it from a cron job:

#!/bin/bash

# lounge machines
/usr/bin/ltspinfo --host=lounge-a --shutdown
/usr/bin/ltspinfo --host=lounge-b --shutdown
/usr/bin/ltspinfo --host=lounge-c --shutdown

# dhcp machines
START=101
END=249

NETWORK="192.168.105."

for i in `seq $START $END`; do
   IP="$NETWORK$i"
   X=`/usr/bin/ltspinfo --host=$IP --shutdown`
   echo "$IP: $X"
done

This message has been scanned by the Internet Service Departments Virus/Spam filter.