Re: [K12OSN] Using ltspinfo to shutdown clients

Brian Chivers wrote:

I was about to start writing a script to run on the server to shutdown all our clients at the end of the day using ltspinfo but I thought I'd ask people what they are doing for this.

Also if any one would like to share there scripts I'd be very appreciative so I don't have to start from scratch :-)

I wrote this script and call it from a cron job:

#!/bin/bash

# lounge machines
/usr/bin/ltspinfo --host=lounge-a --shutdown
/usr/bin/ltspinfo --host=lounge-b --shutdown
/usr/bin/ltspinfo --host=lounge-c --shutdown

# dhcp machines
START=101
END=249

NETWORK="192.168.105."

for i in `seq $START $END`; do
  IP="$NETWORK$i"
  X=`/usr/bin/ltspinfo --host=$IP --shutdown`
  echo "$IP: $X"
done

This message has been scanned by the Internet Service Departments Virus/Spam filter.