[K12OSN] School Server

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 17:34:34 UTC 2008

Terrell Prudé Jr. wrote:
> Timothy Legge wrote:
>> I would consider something other than Dell.  Unfortunately, I am in
>> Canada and most of the time Customs and Brokerage fees just make it a
>> hassle...
>>
>> Tim
>>

> Assuming that building your own server is not an option here....
>
> Give both Penguin and ZaReason a call.  Perhaps they've dealt with this
> and have an easy way to handle shipments to Canada.  Penguin's been
> around for long enough that, who knows, they might have a "dealership"
> of some sort up there.
>
> Failing that, then Les's suggestion of IBM is a good one.

I haven't actually done the purchasing of these for a while - it used to
be that IBM pricing was only competitive if you were a large customer
and qualified for discounts where Dell took the opposite approach and
often gave the best prices in the 'small/medium' business section of
their on-line site.  But things might be different now - or in Canada.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com