Re: [K12OSN] School Server

Terrell Prudé Jr. wrote:
Timothy Legge wrote:
I would consider something other than Dell.  Unfortunately, I am in
Canada and most of the time Customs and Brokerage fees just make it a
hassle...

Tim

Assuming that building your own server is not an option here....

Give both Penguin and ZaReason a call. Perhaps they've dealt with this and have an easy way to handle shipments to Canada. Penguin's been around for long enough that, who knows, they might have a "dealership" of some sort up there.

Failing that, then Les's suggestion of IBM is a good one.

I haven't actually done the purchasing of these for a while - it used to be that IBM pricing was only competitive if you were a large customer and qualified for discounts where Dell took the opposite approach and often gave the best prices in the 'small/medium' business section of their on-line site. But things might be different now - or in Canada.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com