[K12OSN] Introducing ourselves

"Terrell Prudé Jr." microman at cmosnetworks.com
Wed Apr 8 16:16:48 UTC 2009

Ah yes, budgetary issues do get in our way sometimes, don't they?  :-)

Fortunately, there are inexpensive devices called "print servers" that
can turn any printer with a parallel or USB interface into a network
printer.  This is very useful for "older" printers that don't have
on-board Ethernet.

The device that I use is the TrendNet TE100 series.  Since my printer is
an HP LaserJet 6L (a parallel printer), I use the model TE100-P1P.  For
USB printers, you'd use the TE100-P1U.  Either version should be less
than US $50.00.  I found my TE100-P1P for US $35 on sale last year, and
the devices have proved to be very Linux-friendly.

Here's a link.  They have them in both wireless and wired Ethernet.  I
much, MUCH prefer the wired versions.

  http://www.trendnet.com/products/products.asp?cat=46

--TP
Do you GNU <http://www.gnu.org>?