[K12OSN] does recordmydesktop work on thin clients?

Lee Harr missive at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 9 00:06:34 UTC 2009

I'm looking for a way for students to record things
on their desktop sessions, but I'm not sure what is
the best way to go.

Has anyone got recordmydesktop working on thin clients?

When I tried it, I got this error:

$ recordmydesktop
Initial recording window is set to:
X:0   Y:0    Width:1024    Height:768
Adjusted recording window is set to:
X:0   Y:0    Width:1024    Height:768
Your window manager appears to be KWin

Initializing...
Buffer size adjusted to 4096 from 4096 frames.
Capturing!
X Error: BadAccess (attempt to access private resource denied)

I tried "xhost +" but get the same error.

Anyone know how to get this working, or have a suggestion
for another program to try?

Thanks for your time.