[K12OSN] directory services in a linux centric cross platform workstation environment

"Terrell Prudé Jr." microman at cmosnetworks.com
Sat Apr 18 02:46:02 UTC 2009

Here's a tip from "that other guy."  :-)

The GUI administration tool is a Java app.  RH is working on making it
work with GNU Classpath, so hopefully by RHEL 6 (meaning CentOS 6 as
well), the entire stack will be Free.  But it nonetheless does work.

One other thing:  I took the class, and that gave me a good jump-start
regarding how LDAP works.  But be forewarned that there is a learning
curve with pretty much any UNIX-based LDAP out there.  That said, it's
worth it.  Definitely.

--TP
Do you GNU <http://www.gnu.org>?
Microsoft Free since 2003 <http://www.cmosnetworks.com>--the ultimate