[K12OSN] Installing a 1TB Drive on Centos 5

Carl Keil carl at snarlnet.com
Thu Apr 23 19:50:42 UTC 2009

Hey People,

Is there anything special I need to do to install and format a 1TB
drive?  I installed a 500Gig drive on an older Fedora installation a
while ago and it wouldn't see the whole drive until I increased the
block size, I'm hoping I don't have to do that on this server.  Is a 1TB
drive basically plug and play on 32 bit Centos 5.

Also, how would you fdisk and format it?  Would you do anything special
filesystem-wise?  I'm pretty new to >300 Gig drives.

Thanks so much,

ck