[K12OSN] More feedback on Fedora 10 + LTSP

David Hopkins dahopkins429 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 01:29:37 UTC 2009

>> First, I deleted the ltspbr0 bridge (brctl delbr ltspbr0 ).  I then
>> reconfigured the formerly slaved eth1 to have the correct IP/subnet
>> info.  After a quick reboot (tftp didn't want to work and I couldn't
>> figure out which service to restart, xinetd wasn't it), all the
>> terminals booted.
>
> Have you confirmed that changing from ltspbr0 to direct ethX makes a
> measurable difference in throughput?

Warren,

A quick note on the bridge.

I will run some tests with and without ltspbr0 present once I can
troubleshoot my current issue but I did not do so this time as I have
to 'just try it' or else I'll end up without LTSP at all the way
things are going at present.  Of course, the way I removed the bridge
means putting it back with brctrl addbr ltspbr0 (I think) and then
configuring eth1 to be the slave again. And now that I have
iftop/ntop, I'll hopefully get real numbers to look at.

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins