[K12OSN] IPCop DNS Issues

Hi everyone,

I recently set up a box and installed IPCop on it to serve as our firewall. It apparently runs a caching DNS server, but for the life of me, I cannot figure out where it gets ITS dns info. And as you might guess, I'm having some pretty severe DNS troubles.

Lookups are taking a full minute. That means that any webpage with say... five different domains in it takes a minimum of five minutes to load.

In the K12ltsp box I changed /etc/resolv.conf so that it uses a name server other than ipcop, but that didn't seem to help. If I ping something by ip address, it comes back immediately, but if I ping by name, it takes a minute, and THEN I get good ping times.

I know this is not the IPCop mailing list, but I'm asking here because this is a friendly (and knowledgeable) crowd. Also, I would entertain the thought of using something other than IPCop, so if anyone has a suggestion, please! I'm all ears!

jthomas bittware com  http://www.bittware.com    (603) 226-0404 x536
Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.