Re: [K12OSN] IPCop DNS Issues

j.w. thomas wrote:
Moon wrote:
Also, you may want to check into using OpenDNS as opposed to your service providers DNS servers. I have AT&T here in Georgia and they are notorious for their DNS problems... I changed my gateway to point to OpenDNS and haven't had any more DNS problems...

Thanks. I was planning to use 4.2.2.1, 2, & 3 as my dns servers but was having trouble figuring out how to make ipcop ignore the dns servers assigned by our isp via dhcp.

Oh man, oh man, oh man, oh man! Major thanks for pointing me towards OpenDNS. Wow. I think I can mark web filtering off my todo list now. I had no idea!

jthomas bittware com  http://www.bittware.com    (603) 226-0404 x536
Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.