Re: [K12OSN] Feedback from a teacher on FC10/LTSP and Tuxpaint

LDM_DIRECTX=YES encrypts the login but not the X session. LTSP 5 does not use gdm, as it has no provision for encryption, and passing user IDs & PWs cleartext is not a good thing, even in a school setting. Setting LDM_DIRECTX=NO will encrypt the entire session, which some people need, but also requires faster hardware in the client.

Peter

Almquist Burke wrote:
I was thinking that by default only the login screen was encrypted, but I'm not sure now. Plus there are two lts.conf files an empty one in /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/ and one in /var/lib/tftpboot//arch//
II guess I'm a little confused about that.