Re: [K12OSN] Feedback from a teacher on FC10/LTSP and Tuxpaint

On Sat, Apr 4, 2009 at 6:03 PM, Peter Scheie <peter scheie homedns org> wrote:
> LDM_DIRECTX=YES encrypts the login but not the X session.  LTSP 5 does not
> use gdm, as it has no provision for encryption, and passing user IDs & PWs
> cleartext is not a good thing, even in a school setting.  Setting
> LDM_DIRECTX=NO will encrypt the entire session, which some people need, but
> also requires faster hardware in the client.

So do the same gnome login session scripts run as before?  I had users
in groups which assigned them desktop icons (added or removed) based
on group membership.  With the new server, this has stopped working.
If it isn't related to ldm, then I have something to fix.

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins