Re: [K12OSN] IPCop DNS Issues

Almquist Burke wrote:

On Apr 2, 2009, at 9:18 PM, j.w. thomas wrote:

Hi everyone,

I recently set up a box and installed IPCop on it to serve as our firewall. It apparently runs a caching DNS server, but for the life of me, I cannot figure out where it gets ITS dns info. And as you might guess, I'm having some pretty severe DNS troubles.

Lookups are taking a full minute. That means that any webpage with say... five different domains in it takes a minimum of five minutes to load.

Are you using LDAP or some other network authentication system by chance?

No LDAP, just straight up /etc/passwd & shadow. I have pointed ipcop at OpenDNS now, and it seems much more responsive now. Thanks for the help!

jthomas bittware com  http://www.bittware.com    (603) 226-0404 x536
Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.