Re: [K12OSN] RAID Question

On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 12:13 PM, Joseph Bishay <joseph bishay gmail com> wrote:
> that is the chip on the RAID controller so the hardware is there and
> seems to be working.
>
> Am I missing a step to get the drives to act as a RAID? I thought
> hardware raid was only suppose to report the unified array to the OS
> so it wouldn't see two drives?

http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Hardware/sata.html#fakeraid

You didn't mention your distro, but support for these quasi-RAID chips
varies widely w/ your kernel and dmraid version. The dmraid tools are
probably required here. Good luck!

--
Dan Young <dyoung mesd k12 or us>
Multnomah ESD - Technology Services