[K12OSN] Introducing ourselves

Gianugo Altieri gianugo.altieri at tiscali.it
Wed Apr 8 15:27:08 UTC 2009

   Hi Terrell,

   thanks for your help. Sure I will follow your suggestion and, in
future, buy printers with on-board Ethernet, but for the time being I'm
stuck to the current HP LJ 1015 and CM 1312, and there's no budget for
more... A possibility is to let a chubby terminal to act as a printing
server. In fact, my Fedora 8 PC that shares the CM 1312 printer is
visible by both server and thin clients and everyone can print on it.
Yet, it still tastes of centralized printing, not exactly the same as
enjoying local printers.