Re: [K12OSN] RAID Question

Robert Arkiletian wrote:
After that I test
the disk controller  by formatting them...

This may be a superstition going back to the old days of having tracking information laid down in the formatting step - and controllers with slight differences, but I always do a low-level format on scsi drives when I move them to a machine with a different controller type or if I don't know where they were before. It probably really isn't necessary any more but it does give the drive a chance to remap any questionable blocks transparently. With IDE and SATA, I'm not sure if this is even possible.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell gmail com