[K12OSN] time on thin client

Almquist Burke burke at thealmquists.net
Sat Apr 11 22:00:02 UTC 2009

I'm confused why are you are trying to set the time/date on the
terminals. By default, isn't the chroot exported to the clients as
read-only? When you log into a terminal, you are actually looking at
a GUI provided from the server, including the time applet, unless I'm
misunderstanding you. So the time your users are seeing should be
coming from the server, unless you set up shell access on the thin
client itself (like a local app, not an xterm).