Re: [K12OSN] IPCop DNS Issues

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 9:27 PM, Timothy Legge <timlegge gmail com> wrote:
On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 11:18 PM, j.w. thomas <jthomas bittware com> wrote:
> I recently set up a box and installed IPCop on it to serve as our firewall.
>  It apparently runs a caching DNS server, but for the life of me, I cannot
> figure out where it gets ITS dns info.  And as you might guess, I'm having
> some pretty severe DNS troubles.

You need to logon to the console as admin.  DNS is set there.  It may
be possible to setup dns via the web interface but it seems to me that
when I started using OpenDNS with ipcop I had to use the admin
console.  You can enable ssh on the web page if you need to do it
remotely.

Tim

I second that process.

A while ago when I configured our school's IPCop to use OpenDNS, I could only do that though the console.

David