Re: [K12OSN] directory services in a linux centric cross platform workstation environment

Hello Bob:

Bob Mead wrote:

Bob Mead wrote:

Hoover Chan wrote:
re: huge .profile directories slowing things to a crawl

I experienced that but ran out of time to figure it out to a satisfactory conclusion. A pointer to how to solve it?

<http://blogs.slane.k12.or.us/tsc/2009/03/13/understanding-%E2%80%A6-them-work-toounderstanding-roaming-profiles-and-making-them-work-too>
Sorry, lets try this again - here! <http://blogs.slane.k12.or.us/tsc/2009/03/13/understanding-roaming-profiles-and-making-them-work-too/>

I've read your post, and I'm still confused. If you have a minute...
Once you've moved both the user's .profile directory and the <username>.SHSD directory, doesn't she lose everything in her profile at the next login? How would windows (or the samba server) "know" that all the user's stuff is now in a new location?
Thanks,
Micha