Re: [K12OSN] directory services in a linux centric cross platform workstation environment

Have you tried Fedora DS or Red Hat DS?  That other guy spoke pretty well of them, and I'm pretty proud of the pure Linux back end at one of my client sites.  I'd hate to give it up if there's a Free LDAP that doesn't suck.  I'll agree with you that Microsoft AD generally doesn't suck, but I really see some importance in the "Free-ness".

David L. Willson
Trainer, Engineer, Enthusiast
MCT, MCSE, Linux+
tel://720.333.LANS
Freeing people from the tyranny (or whatevery) of Microsofty-ness, one at a time.