[K12OSN] FireFox not responding

We continually get users who have messages saying that FireFox is already running and won't let them login.  If I delete the .mozilla folder in their Home directory everything is fine.  How can I keep this from happening in the future?

--
Mel Wade
"A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams