[K12OSN] FireFox not responding

Karl Lunger abo at lunger.org
Sun Apr 19 20:41:32 UTC 2009

Hi

There are 2 things:

1. The processes in the RAM that can remove with

    kill -9 PID

The PIDs you can see with

    ps aux | grep firefox

Whene this not was the problem, then is a lock file in the firefox
directory .mozilla/firefox/<firefox account dir> with the name "lock".
The user can remuve it and firefox can restart.

    find ~/.mozilla/firefox/ -name lock | xargs rm

Happy Hacking!
~Karl