[K12OSN] More feedback on Fedora 10 + LTSP

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 04:02:03 UTC 2009

David Hopkins wrote:

> I have this suspicion that it is a network bandwidth issue. The only
> difference there is that LTSP5 uses the ltsbr0 bridge setup while
> LTSP4.2 does not.  To test this, I should be able to delete the bridge
> and set up LTSP5 in the same dual NIC scenario as with LTSP4.2,
> correct?  Though I am not sure I have the skills to do so without
> breaking something else.  It might be as easy as deleting the ltsbr0
> entry and then defining the IP address for the currently-slaved NIC to
> be what the ltsbr0 was defined as.
>
> I haven't had a chance to look at the stats from the switch (Amer.com,
> SS2R24G4i ) but since I never changed the switch, only the OS, I don't
> see why there would suddenly be an issue.

Be sure to test the obvious thing - this sounds like what would happen
if you had a duplex mismatch between the server and switch.  If the
switch is managed and configured to force full duplex, you have to have
the matching setting in the OS configuration.  You are probably better
off letting both negotiate.  If either ifconfig or the switch port stats
show any errors, look for the problem in the network first.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com