Re: [K12OSN] More feedback on Fedora 10 + LTSP

David Hopkins wrote:

I have this suspicion that it is a network bandwidth issue. The only
difference there is that LTSP5 uses the ltsbr0 bridge setup while
LTSP4.2 does not.  To test this, I should be able to delete the bridge
and set up LTSP5 in the same dual NIC scenario as with LTSP4.2,
correct?  Though I am not sure I have the skills to do so without
breaking something else.  It might be as easy as deleting the ltsbr0
entry and then defining the IP address for the currently-slaved NIC to
be what the ltsbr0 was defined as.

I haven't had a chance to look at the stats from the switch (Amer.com,
SS2R24G4i ) but since I never changed the switch, only the OS, I don't
see why there would suddenly be an issue.

Be sure to test the obvious thing - this sounds like what would happen if you had a duplex mismatch between the server and switch. If the switch is managed and configured to force full duplex, you have to have the matching setting in the OS configuration. You are probably better off letting both negotiate. If either ifconfig or the switch port stats show any errors, look for the problem in the network first.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com