Re: [K12OSN] More feedback on Fedora 10 + LTSP

On 04/22/2009 09:02 AM, David Hopkins wrote:

If I only have 1 or 2 clients connected, there is a slight delay.  Add
more clients and the delay gets worse.  Could be graphics and I'll
check but just feels like a network issue?  Still, I have a older
gateway laptop (same vintage as the Dell GX150's) that I PXE boot from
the various servers since it is easy to carry around and also use
during the initial build. I don't remember seeing this issue with it.
I'll check it again tonight.

In October we POUNDED the heck out of a single server with a gigabit ethernet port with 8 clients doing full screen video, tuxpaint and other, firefox and other apps.

It fell apart quickly with a flaky switch. We replaced the switch and it worked beautifully.

In my experience these things failing is almost always a broken switch.

My second guess is the graphic driver is having trouble with this particular graphic card. You really need to verify this by testing entirely different client hardware to narrow it down to network vs. graphic driver.

Warren