Re: [K12OSN] More feedback on Fedora 10 + LTSP

David Hopkins wrote:
On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 5:50 PM, "Terrell Prudé Jr."
<microman cmosnetworks com> wrote:

I know you're at your wits' end here, and so is that teacher.  This is not
good.

Remind us what sound card is in these thin clients, would you?

--TP

Actually, the systems are Dell GX150's with either 256Mb or 512Mb of
memory..  http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/opgx150/en/ug/specs.htm#audio

Though, does that mean I might have the i810 video issue?  For
whatever reason, I thought the card was detected as an ati.  I have to
check this.

That sound card (looks like it's built-in) says it has SoundBlaster emulation, so when you were running it w/ K12LTSP 5EL, did you by chance try turning on "SOUND=Y" in /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/lts.conf, and also the setting from here?

  http://www.k12ltsp.org/mediawiki/index.php/Technical:Sound

Something along these lines....

  SMODULE_01 = "sb io=0x220 irq=5 dma=1"

That sort of thing always worked for me with cards that supported SB emulation, including (especially!) the SoundBlaster 16 and the SoundBlaster AWE32/64 cards themselves.

--TP
Do you GNU?