[K12OSN] adding printer problem

I was battleing a client non-booting problem for ages after upgraded Fedora Core 4 to 6.

I created a new ltsp server using the K12LTSP-5.0.0EL-32bit-dvd.iso. My clients now boot fine.

On the old working ltsp, I added printers using CUPs in the browser (localhost:631).

The printers are connected to the terminals by USB.

In CUPs I would:

--click add printer

--select Device AppSocket/HPJetDirect

--create a DeviceURI as socket://finaid12:9100.

Finaid12 is one of the clients as configured in the hosts file and dhcpd.conf file.

I followed these same steps on the new Cent OS server.

The clients see the printer as added through CUPs, but the print jobs just hang with the message processing.

Is there something new to do to setup printers?

Thanks

Marc