Re: [K12OSN] More feedback on Fedora 10 + LTSP

David Hopkins ha scritto:
ntop was a little different. The peak for Global Statistics, Traffic
report stated 130Mb/s.  However, looking at the Network Throughput,
All Hosts page,  the Peak value for a 10 second interval for the
server stated 739Mb/s.  if this is really 739Mb/(10sec interval) =
73.9, then it seems to agree with iftop (different runs), similarly
for the hosts, they report values about a factor of 10 above what
iftop reported for peak instant values.

The load average on the server with 6 clients running tuxmath was
1.12.  This is an 8 processor system (32bit Xeon MP cpu 2.8Ghz) with
4Gb of memory.  top showed that there wasn't any swap being used.

   David,

since I'm not so expert, please clarify the BIT vs BYTE issue. Of course there is an 8 factor between them, which is not far from a 10 factor, and can change numbers completely. When speaking of bandwidth the numbers are usually expressed in mega bits per second (Mbps) and lower-case 'b' means bits. Upper-case 'B' means 'bytes'. I get confused when you speak of "4Gb" of memory. You meant "GB", didn't you? I wonder if in other places you meant 'B' for bytes but wrote 'b'. Please clarify.

   Thanks for your tests, which are interesting for us as well

   Gianugo Altieri