Re: [K12OSN] More feedback on Fedora 10 + LTSP

David Hopkins wrote:

Does tuxmath normally use that insane amount of bandwidth?  70Mb/sec is
comparable to 320x240 30fps Youtube video.  Absolutely nothing other than
video in my experience using anything near that amount of bandwidth.

In my experience, it has always been a huge bandwidth hog.

Yes, I think it just redraws the X frames as fast as it can to do the animation.

However, the switch still showed that the link between it and the
server was 1000Mb/s.  So .. why is only about 1/10 of the bandwidth
being used as far as iftop is concerned?
I have never used iftop before this, so I don't know how good it is.

I have to admit that I like iftop for spot checking. Now, if I can
actually trust the numbers it would be excellent :)

Didn't this start as a comparison with a better-working version of k12ltsp (except for sound)? While this sounds like a switch issue, if that same hardware worked better with different software revs, maybe you should focus on the specific differences. What about the client side of the network connections? Any errors showing on ifconfig or the switch ports there?

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com